Lead

Jan 24 15 8:17 PM

Tags : :

Greetings, fellow earth beings and internet travellers- and welcome to the Apologeticon forum, the forum that means to put the "fun" back into "Fundamentalism".  You mean you've already read the logo and already figured that out?  Well, then, fine.  I guess I'll just have to go and introduce myself.

Current religious (or non-religious) views, being as specific as possible: Theist, Christian, Protestant, non-denominational, TN (Trinitarian Non-Universalist), Fundamentalist (in its original non-political sense rather than the modern form which by which it is caricatured in modern parlance), namely, the one which has its essential doctrines the virgin birth of Jesus Christ, his resurrection and deity, his substitutionary atonement and second coming, the historicity of his miracles, and a "high" view of the scripture of the bible, usually described in words such as "inerrant" and "infallible" (see, for example, the Chicago Statement on Biblical Inerrancy).  But I won't get into that too much here because I plan to cover the many myths propagated about Fundamentalism in one of the sub-forums.
Who God is to me: God is a Trinity, three "persons" in one "being".  The doctrine affirms ontological equality within the Trinity while allowing for relational subordination, that is, "all three Persons of the Trinity have the same essence and nature, but each One has different roles or activities when it comes to how God relates to the world".
Furthermore, God is omnipotent, omniscient, omnipresent, and omnibenevolent.
List of writings (if any) that I accept as religiously authoritative: The bible and the bible alone

Philosophically, I'm an objectivist.

As far as my political/social/economic views go, I have yet to find an existeing label that accurately describes them.  Basically, I believe anyone can be saved regardless of whatever "system" under which he or she finds himself or herself.  Furthermore, I beleive that there are few things that are more likely to corrupt and compromise the church's mission than an attempt to court or control the government.

Favorite non-religious writings: The Discworld series by Terry Pratchett, The Hitchhiker's (inaccurately labeled) trilogy, The Red Dwarf books, David Weber's Honor Harrington series

Favorite music/musicians: music largely depends on my mood and (level of) activity.  In other words, I tend to enjoy more upbeat music when I'm working or otherwise trying to get something done and slow jams when I'm relaxing.  Pink Floyd, Little Steven and the Disciples of Soul, Blue Men Group, Kate Bush, Laurie Anderson and lots of new wave, funk, and general "get your blood going and your feet tapping" stuff.

Favorite movies: Usually like comedies and action films and dislike horror movies. My two favorite movies are probably Cool Runnings and Adventures in Babysitting.

I'm not a Christian because I'm less skeptical than non-Christians
but because I've applied the same skepticism to all other viewpoints (including skepticism)
and have found different- and, I believe, better- answers in Christianity.